Product Selection based on:
ASF Leak Detector Type D9 R325 / D9 R255 - Pressure Principle - Overview
Type D9 R325 - Article No.: 4141 0049 / Type D9 R255 - Article No.: 4141 0055
- To monitor double-walled tanks.
- Container types according to DIN EN 12285-1 (DIN 6608 Part 2), DIN EN 12285-2 (DIN 6616 Form A), DIN 6619, Part 2, DIN 6623, Part 2, DIN 6624, Part 2.
- No permeation may pass through the inner tank wall into the interstitial space.Non-standard containers with a general building inspectorate approval.
- For monitoring of water-polluting liquids, including flammable liquids with a flash point < 55°C.
- The storage medium must not exceed the density allowed for the container.
- The leak detector can be used for monitoring one or several underground tanks utilizing an appropriate manifold system.
The leak detector must be mounted outside the hazardous area (ex-zone)!
- The interstitial space of the container must be designed for the max. operating pressure of the leak detector.
- For Type D9-255: Alarm switching value (255 mbar), allowed operating pressure in the interstitial space minimum 0,4 bar.
- For Type D9-325: Alarm switching value (325 mbar), allowed operating pressure in the interstitial space minimum 0,5 bar.
- Leak detection fluid may not be present in the interstitial space of the container.
- The containers must be operated pressureless.
- Appropriate manifolds together with a D9 leak detector may only be used for monitoring underground tanks.
- Installation of a potential free relay
- Installation in protective casing with exterior alarm and heating. (See product image)
- Leak detector according to the principle of positive pressure with integrated pump and pressure relief.
- The outside air is sucked through a vessel with dry beads (air dryer), which dries the air down to a relative humidity of <10%.
- The saturation of the dry beads, depending on the humidity, is reached in about 12-15 months, identifiable by the color change, - initially orange - colorless at saturation.
in the interstitial space < 490 mbar
Type D9 - 255
Alarm ON PAE = 255 mbar +30/0 mbar
Pump OFF PPA = ca. 360 mbar +/-15 mbar
Overpressure valve OPEN PSV < 400 mbar
Type D9 - 325
Alarm ON PAE = 325 mbar +30/0 mbar
Pump OFF PPA = ca. 450 mbar +/-15 mbar
Overpressure valve OPEN PSV < 500 mbar
For further data please see the Technical Description of the D9 leak detector.
Dryer / Drying Beads
Underground tanks = 180 cm3
|Leak Detector Type D9 - Aboveground Tanks
|Tank (m3)||Air Dryer/cm3|
Please click on the picture for a larger view!